THE 8 BUDDHIST PRECEPTS
1. I try to avoid killing living beings.
2. I try to avoid stealing or taking things without asking.
3. I try to avoid having sexual contact.
4. I try to avoid telling lies or having harsh speech.
5. I try to avoid drinking alcohol or taking substances, which lead, to carelessness (alcohol, drugs…).
6. I try to avoid taking solid food after 12 o'clock midday until sunrise.
7. I try to avoid listening to music, seeing entertainment’s, wearing garlands, adornments, using cosmetics, perfumes.
8. I try to avoid sleeping on a high and luxury bed.
Keeping these precepts will help a meditator to gain mindfulness and concentration more quickly.