Acharn MC Brigitte Schrottenbacher
Teaches Vipassana Meditation and other Meditation technics at Wat Prayong Gittivanaram International Meditation Center.
Mc Brigitte ordained on January 4th, 1990 at Sorn Thawee Meditation Center Bangkhla, Chachoengsao.
Her first Meditation Master was Phra Acharn Thawee Baladhammo - Abbot of Sorn Thawee Meditation Center. With the venerable Phra Acharn Thawee MC Brigitte studied for 5 years Vipassana Meditation in the Mahasi Sayadaw technique. On request of the Ven. Phra Acharn Thawee Baladhammo she started teaching Meditation to foreigners in English and German Language in 1992.
- 1994 she moved to Suphanburi to study Samatha-Vipassana (“Buddho” technique - as taught by the most venerable Luang Poo Mun) with Phra Acharn Sangwahn Khemako for 7 years.
- 2001 she was asked to help teaching at Wat Thamkrissana Dhammaram. MC Brigitte continued her practice and teaching at Wat Thamkrissana Dhammaram in Khao Yai, Nakorn Ratchsima together with Phra Acharn Tippakorn Sukhito.
- On invitation of students, in 2002 MC Brigitte started to do yearly teaching trips to Europe and New Zealand.
- 2006 MC Brigitte moved to Wat Pa Charoenrat Dhammaram in Pathumthani Province and stayed and taught with the venerable Phra Acharn Veeranon until 2007.
- From January 2007 to March 2009 MC Brigitte was leading Phra Sanghachai International Meditation Center in Bangkok.
- On March 6th, 2009 MC Brigitte was honored with the award “Outstanding Woman in Buddhism 2009”.
- On December 9th, 2009 MC Brigitte was honored by His Royal Highness Princess Chulabhorn for "Peace-building and Meritorious Deeds Performed unto Humanity".
Since April 2009 MC Brigitte teaches at Wat Prayong International Meditation Center.
More Informations about MC Brigitte Schrottenbacher:
My Life as a Buddhist nun
Deciding to become a nun
MC Brigitte Social Projects
Mein Leben als Buddhistische Nonne in Thailand